Spare Part for futurelight

Cookie

Hi to all,

I have a futurelight moving mirror sc380 250w discharge,this was made in the robe factrory,but now is discontinude,due to futurelight is now made in china,I need a ignitor,this comes from the top of unit where the 240 mains comes in,ive already tried contacting robe, but I havent got a account with them.any help where I can get a part for this unit? has anyone else got these models?

Try your local electrical wholesalers (city electric,newey and ayer,edmunsons ect).
im going to try farnell there are a electronic company,ive been told that this part im after is a capacitor that starts from the 240 mains in, then into the balast

Just to be clear it seems you need a PFC Capacitor? This is not the same as the ignitor or the ballast.

The usual sources such as Farnell, CPC and RS do indeed do these at great prices but make sure it's rated for continuous use at the rated temperature of the enclosure and that an equivalent will actually fit physically!

Note that some ignitors are built in very similar cases to PFC capacitors.

The Capacitor is almost always in the base of a moving head with the ignitor in the head. Moving mirrors of course it'll be anywhere.

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/377701/1921957/5/1140676852.jpg

Archived