New 12inc cabs

djtom29

I wouldnt really recommend the SC600s as live mics, though I have used them before on bass guitar at lower SPLs.

the cradles supplied dont have a tight fit, so if you aim it upside down it falls out! at least my ones do. the cradles are also pretty flimsy, and only takes one idiot to stand on one, bending it well out of shape. see if you can get screw on mic attachments for them if you do get them.

also, the SC600's polar modes are cardioid and omni (unfortunately not fig8) so you may as well get a fixed cardioid pattern SC400 instead if you're restricting it to live use. omni live is about as much use to a live engineer as a DI box is to a vocalist (bad analogy/joke I know!)

as for the EM800s, they're just bloody marvellous for hat/overhead duty! they clamp really tight into this rubber grommit type holder; its a challenge to get it in and out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived