HELP! Fastfold type screen needed at short notice.

I have just been let down by a hire company for the equipment they were going to lend me due to a change in policy about 'external hires'. They have managed to source all of the gear except a screen. We are trying not to use a white sheet as done before because we are wanting to use video and the sheet does not work at all well. Because of this I am now racking my brain as to where we can get a screen from and I was hoping that someone maybe able to help.

it is a fastfold rear sizes 10x7.5 ft or 12x9 ft. if it was really necessary we could probably squeeze down to a 8x6 ft. it would be needed from thurs 20th till mon 31st of March

Any help would be appreciated

jonathan

1) A slightly more useful title might help in getting more responses.

2) Where in the world are you?

3) I could help, but see the answer to 2) as to whether it is actually worth it- I have a sneaking feeling that your too far away to make it worth the delivery costs....

4) Have you tried Google? Try searching for "Fastfold Screen Hire 'Your Location'"

Good luck.

Moderation: Fixed the title!

What would really help us is some idea of location. How about going back to your profile and adding it?

Moderation: This really applies to everyone. We don't need your street, but a town or county would help a lot. Adding a country if you are outside the UK can prevent comments about a writers English.

Sorry, I'm in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire(junction34 of M25)

and the company was lending us the equipment for no charge through a contact but it was stopped due to a policy change and there is no budget to pay to hire one.

jon

I have just been let down by a hire company for the equipment they were going to lend me due to a change in policy about 'external hires'. They have managed to source all of the gear except a screen.

I know this doesn't help you, but I must object to your attitude that a hire company has let you down by refusing to lend a screen to you. You seem to be very lucky in that they have found most of what you need.

We are trying not to use a white sheet as done before because we are wanting to use video and the sheet does not work at all well.

That's true, but beggars can't be choosers and even the cheapest polyester white sheet (make sure you get a flat one and not a fitted one) from the pound shop will work, as long as you stretch it tight and are careful with your lighting. It may not be top quality, but you will get an image. It will be a good lesson to whomsoever at your school is responsible for the drama budget, that you can't always expect to get free handouts and have to fund every production from the takings of those that precede it.

I know that I can't just expect it to be free it is just that when I did work experience there they offered and I even had a confirmation from the company and the managers but they have gone back on their word and it is just a bit annoying at such short notice.

I've projected video onto a cloth cyc before (in competition with the lighting rig), and it worked perfectly fine. As boatman says, as long as you stretch the cloth and make sure it isn't creased, and you're careful to avoid spill onto the cloth from whatever else you have lighting-wise, there's no reason it can't work.

Archived