Dennon DN4000

simduv

Hi guys,

I have just started to have a problem with a set of Dennon DN4000 cd decks whereby the pitch fader on the left deck controls pitch on the right deck and vice versa, all other controls are fine....so just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to the problem.

Thanks in advane.

Simon

Have you checked the 8-pin connecting lead (and sockets)? Sometimes the pitch is piped seperately to the base unit via dedicated cores though I cant bank on this being the case for the Denon. I just wondered if a common return or something was causing this rather strange fault.

The other possibility is the firmware which has become corrupt..it's held in flash-rom in this model.

The latest firmware can be downloaded from the Denon DJ website, burned to a CDR and flashed into the deck, several upgrades have been issued to fix minor faults with this deck.

PS It's DENON DN-D4000 you need to search on, not DENNON DN4000.

;-)

Have you checked the 8-pin connecting lead (and sockets)? Sometimes the pitch is piped seperately to the base unit via dedicated cores though I cant bank on this being the case for the Denon. I just wondered if a common return or something was causing this rather strange fault.

The other possibility is the firmware which has become corrupt..it's held in flash-rom in this model.

The latest firmware can be downloaded from the Denon DJ website, burned to a CDR and flashed into the deck, several upgrades have been issued to fix minor faults with this deck.

PS It's DENON DN-D4000 you need to search on, not DENNON DN4000.

;-)

Having re-read my post obviously I dont need to know what the problem is, as you quite correctly stated, I'm already aware of the problem but looking for a solution.....

Thanks for the suggestion of checking the common connection and firmware...will try this route.

Simon

Archived