Small setup

TomLyall

£100 - 3 x t-bar stands, cheap ones from maplin (... yeah I know, you get what you pay for)

Chech the SWL before you buy.

have done, more than enough for 4 par cans...

You might want to get some gel stock, and also safety bonds. And also pleanty of gaffa, lx etc, if you havnt thought of that already.

good idea on the gel stock. the par's should be coming with the safety chains and gaffa etc is all part of my standard toolkit,

not quite sure on the desk atm, if anyone has any tips, they would be appricated, im looking to control my AT LEAST my twelve dimming channels. I would also like the ability to use it with some scanners too, so im thinking at least 48 channels would be nice. alternatively ive always got my laptop n DMX interface if I need it for something bigger

Another thing to maybe add on the list is a small smoke/haze machine, although, no matter how much cigarette smoke there is in a pub, you still need to ask if its ok to use with smoke/heat detectors.

My experience is that there are never enough power outlets for all the band backline, PA and lighting and guess what items are priority to the band.

Par 36's are great to cut through, cheap. give good effect and use little power especially round the drum kit and what about a strobe round the kit (post warnings etc).

Most important though, is if you can, get as much set up as you can before the band arrive, that way they are aware of your T bar stands etc and can put their gear to suit. You also get a/some sockets of your own especially as most of the band gear is lower power consumption.

do you know roughly what kinda price these go for? both new and second hand

Terralec list the copies at £69

Stage Electrics list the ETC ones at £243

Where do terralec sell the copy profiles for £69 or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :** laughs out loud **:

Where do terralec sell the copy profiles for £69 or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :** laughs out loud **:

Terralec sell the copy Pars for £69. Anyhow you can find them towards the bottom of the LX section on Terralec.

Ah just found the Profiles - they are £212 and are sold in the 19, 26 and 36º flavours.

Stu

Terralec sell the copy Pars for £69. Anyhow you can find them towards the bottom of the LX section on Terralec.

Ah just found the Profiles - they are £212 and are sold in the 19, 26 and 36º flavours.

Stu

Still Can't find them. Which section are the £69 p64s in? The stage light or the lighting effects? I have looked in both mayby you could put a link to it or the product code. :** laughs out loud **:

(I've just noticed the amount of quotes :** laughs out loud **: !!! (sorry not funny))

It's in the Stage Lighting section about ¾ of the way down for the Multipars and all the way down for the Profiles.

You'll see it, have a good look :** laughs out loud **:

Stu

Archived