Services Overseas

soundo26

HI guys;

Is anyone aware of a source of info for crew & suppliers of hire kit overseas. I am arranging some conferences in various countries (not just Europe) and I am having problems finding crew and Hire companies in various areas, it has become apparent that there are very few sources of info on foreign suppliers. Can anybody prove me wrong and let me know of a source book that has that info? The White Book used to but doesn't any longer, the internet isn't turning up much either!!

I am looking for audio, projection, lighting, set builders and riggers and techs, either post or PM me if you can help!...........Thanks

Been in the same situation, try asking some of the major companies (Martin I found to be really helpfull in Europe and a few other suppliers who had distrbution across the E.U ) same when I went across to America, got people recommended and got the job done, someone always knows someone else in this industry , failing that pm me and pass details

regards

g

Hi,

Maybe I can help you with Dutch contacts. I have a large workshop in Amsterdam that makes scenery, props, costumes and decoration for theatre and corporate events.

There's also workshops for lighting, furniture hire and a recording studio nearby in the other workshop units.

I also know some friendly muscles for general hefting duties!

If I can help drop me a line via my website http://www.tentaclestudio.com

or call me on +31 (0)646 480125

best wishes,

Bev Shalts

Where are you going, exactly? The world is a big place!

I assume you've already tried the venues themselves for contacts? If they do this sort of thing regularly, they'll know who there is and whether they look after the venue or not! Also note that exclusivity contracts may be in place, so do check with the venues first.

Although a relative newbie (I've been here six months) I'm starting to develop some contacts in Australia if this part of the world is on your list.

Bob

I can also give you a few names if you are looking down south in Australia - I am in Victoria, and know most of the big players (company wise, not necessarily in a non-professional sense) in the industry down here.

Guest lightnix
...try asking some of the major companies (Martin I found to be really helpfull in Europe and a few other suppliers who had distrbution across the E.U )...

Ditto that - try MA Lighting as well.

Backstage World is a useful resource. Also: try asking on Light Network, if you haven't already.

A list of countries would be useful, though :(

I've recently been freelancing for a company from the UK in Singapore, India, Malaysia and America. We have done a mixture of air freighting kit on the larger jobs and sub hiring locally on the smaller jobs. We found that air freighting, although expensive, does help put a clients mind at risk if they can afford it they often like the idea of using the same crew and kit. It certainly makes life easier when you all know each other and the show, definitely worth a consideration. If on the other hand you want some help finding kit, give me a shout.

PS. One of the most important things to think about is power, it varies everywhere and can be devastating to a show if you get it wrong. Make sure you've done your research.

Archived