Future light ignition trouble

freepartyman

Hiya! I'm new to this forum and also the lighting game,me and my friends run a large soundsystem but we had no lighting, so I bought a load of gear from a night club for next to nothing which included a futurelight mh-660 moving head, it was caked in gunk I'm assuming tar from cigs and smoke machine fluid so I cleaned the unit as well as I could I installed a new lamp.I started running the unit it worked great for about 50 hours then half way through a party the bulb died I let it cool and restarted the unit,after 20 mins it died again then it wouldnt reignite. On closer inspection one of the pins was burnt on the bulb, so I looked at the small white block it plugs into and it seemed burnt and so did the wire connected to it, I gently pulled it and it came straight out and was very badly burnt so am I right to think that I need a new ignition block?? and was wondering what may have caused this?? and were do I get one? futurelight seem very hard to contact. Were a free party rig so dont have a big budget for repairs we like to try and keep old gear working as we dont agree with just throwing stuff when its broken as seems to be the case with a lot of stuff these days so would like to try and fix it our selves any help or would be greatly appreciated.

When you say the white block, do you mean the lampholder, the ballast or the ignitor? You need to know what you're looking for.

The UK dealer for Futurelight is Fuzion, the ex-Crown people.

Fuzion PLC

See here lies my problem I have no idea ** laughs out loud **, it must be the lamp holder it a small white block the pins from the bulb plug into.Thanks for the fusion link ill contact them asap cheers m8.

When you say the white block, do you mean the lampholder, the ballast or the ignitor? You need to know what you're looking for.

The UK dealer for Futurelight is Fuzion, the ex-Crown people.

Fuzion PLC

See here lies my problem I have no idea ** laughs out loud **, it must be the lamp holder it a small white block the pins from the bulb plug into.Thanks for the fusion link ill contact them asap cheers m8.

Ok looking at it it is the lamp holder the wire that is burnt connects to a large capacitor looking cylinder which I can just about make out "for msd 200-575" so I bet that the ignitor ** laughs out loud ** im such a noob still ya gotta start somewhere.

Fuzion no longer distribute futurelight in the uk. they have no official UK distributor anymore but as Robe made them anyway you could call Nathan at robe and talk to him. They have always been very helpful when we had a stock of 660s

robe uk 01604741000

Chris

Cheers for the help guys got the holder out last night its proper knackered I hink it was a loose wire its totally fried.I belive the unit im looking for is a gy9.5 120mm as assuming the 120mm is the length of the wires as it would seem about right the only other one is a 300mm which seems a bit long. Thanks for tip on the bulb have to admit I was gonna ask if I could clean the pin on the bulb and reuse it but would rather just buy a new bulb save the danger, I've found the xenpow bulbs now and they seem a hell of a lot cheaper.

Archived