Whats the better smoke machine or hazer ???

Deathride

are you buying both or just one? do you ahve to choose between smoke and haze? if so...

what would you mainly be using it for?

how big is the area?

remember a smoke machine will create smoke that will spread (or you can use a fan) to create a haze LIKE effect (not as good! but none the less similar), however trying to create a dense smoke effect with haze is near on impossible in anything other than the smallest areas

Which is the best depends on what you're looking for.

As Tom has said, there are things which you need to consider before deciding what to buy ....

Smoke, haze or both?

What size room?

Do you need DMX control of the machine?

Does it need to operate for short periods while disconnected from the mains?

What's your budget?

Some answers to the above questions will help in making your decision.

ok I have the option in buying them both

the budget being £400

the room is about 40M X15m and 6m High

DMX control is an advantage if possible but not a major thing because we have lots of people able to use it manually

It wont need to operate for any period off the mains because we have so many power points in the room

OK, now we're getting somewhere. What kind of thing will it most be used for? Smoke effects in plays, etc.? Or to haze the air for rock concerts etc.?

Edit - of course, with a £400 budget, you could buy a cheap hazer and a cheap smoke machine. There's lots of choice at the low end of the market - get in touch with some of the larger suppliers and ask them what they can supply you with for that budget

personally. although I cant speak for your needs, I would be tempted to get a nice hazer with that budget, rather than buying a cheaper smoke and a cheaper haze,

this is mainly because I can see a hazer being pulled out just about every time you do anything really, however smoke is called for more rarely, in my experience, of course you can always hire a smoke machine in for the few occasions when you need it, but I guess thats not the point of having a budget to buy one.

again thtas just my personal opinion, but it really depends upon your situation.

personally. although I cant speak for your needs, I would be tempted to get a nice hazer with that budget, rather than buying a cheaper smoke and a cheaper haze,

this is mainly because I can see a hazer being pulled out just about every time you do anything really, however smoke is called for more rarely, in my experience, of course you can always hire a smoke machine in for the few occasions when you need it, but I guess thats not the point of having a budget to buy one.

again thtas just my personal opinion, but it really depends upon your situation.

I agree that a Hazer is better to have than a smoke machine but persoanly I would get a cheap smoke and a cheap haze!

If it is a college space I should imagine there will be loads of different types of shows in there including things like concerts when Smoke would come in very handy!

Sam

a well cared for cheap machine will probibly last longer and better than a battered expencive one, it all depends on how often its used and how well the people care for it, college always screams broken equipment, at me

I don't know what their list price is right now, but for that money you should be able to get a Unique hazer by Look Solutions. It's got good output, a built-in fan, it's quiet, it can be DMX-controlled or stand-alone, it has very economical fluid consumption, and its water-based fluid is pretty innocuous (I've even used one on a 6-week opera festival without a single singer complaining about the haze!). White Light are the UK distributors.

if you want to get an ecomnomical and yet effective hazer I would go for something like the "le Maitre Neutron" its a very good machine and one of the most popular in the industry, it does however come at a cost, but like all great machines they dont come cheap the retail of the unit is about £500 but that is mighty good considering what you get for the money.

Neutron

the other option is to buy a top quality smoke machine, and use it with a fan, that will help to thin the effect.

I would stay clear of the Antari low end hazer, soundlab ect as they are simply a smoke machine with a bulit in fan, not really I true hazer.

I would also stay clear of the Jem/Martin techno haze as its also not a true hazer, and is very very thirsty on fluid.

(I havent used the Jem stage hazer, so can not comment)

the big question is do you want to spend not much money on a machine that wont give you the effect your after, and at great costs on fluid consumption, OR do you want to be wise and spend a little more on somthing worth while, and will run almost forever on very little consumption.

if your after a good hazer at a reasonable price then look at the "neutron"

if you want a good fog/smoke machine then look at something like the "Magnum Pro

vince

Archived