Wrong fluid for unique 2

jon_nais

Hey All,

Due to me being an idoit we ran out of haze fluid on a gig, frantically we sourced some fluid that we were told would work fine in unique 2 hazer. When it turned up it was jem pro haze fluid. Admitedly it was too thick and hung just above the cast and looked rubbish, nothing like the haze effect we were used too (amazingly!)

I know that the manufacturer always wants you to use their fluid for their hazer, but is there anyway to mix the fluid or water it down in some way?!? (excuse my ignorance, sound guy doing a lampy's job!)

Or should we just chuck the 15l of haze we cant use and just get some proper look solutions fluid?!?

Cheers

Try watering it down with distilled/deionised water but don't use bottled water or anything with a high mineral content. To be honest I use tap water but I'm in a very soft water area, safest bet's to go with distilled. Only thing to watch is you may get mold forming if you water it down loads then don't use it for ages which is obviously not good.

as far as I'm aware the fluid used by hazers like lemaitre neutron and Look unique are made from totaly different stuff to jem fluids , so as well as looking rubish it is likely to damage the machine (something to do with temperature the machines operate at, the unique will run at much lower current and use less fluid than a "standard hazer")

Archived