Power for LX24

CHIPS

Anyone know where to source a 66102 power supply 16-20V 0.3amp max for an LX24? I need to run off a single ACT 6 rack which doesn't send enough juice to the desk. Options I've found available seem on the heavyweight side. I know one bloke who tapped a transformer etc but this is going into a school studio and a wrap of gaffer won't do. Cheers

We have a couple of MX desks which I think use the same rated power supply.

We got our last replacements from CPC but I don't have the details to hand.

If I get chance I'll post details later.

EDIT FOR INFORMATION: just checked our power pack, it's a Stontronics Ltd, +18v @1A model DSA 0151F-18 K.

CPC part No. PW00526

Also check compatibility of desk and dimmers, LX24 is +10v out and ACT6 is -10v control (ACT6+ is +/-10v or DMX) see STRAND ARCHIVE

We have a couple of MX desks which I think use the same rated power supply.

We got our last replacements from CPC but I don't have the details to hand.

If I get chance I'll post details later.

EDIT FOR INFORMATION: just checked our power pack, it's a Stontronics Ltd, +18v @1A model DSA 0151F-18 K.

CPC part No. PW00526

Also check compatibility of desk and dimmers, LX24 is +10v out and ACT6 is -10v control (ACT6+ is +/-10v or DMX) see STRAND ARCHIVE

Thanks for that - need to double check that Act 6 (whether plus or not) - hadn't spotted possible incompatability, Cheers Derek Simpson

Just checked the Strand Archive to confirm my suspicions, the LX24 was available with +10v or -10v outputs (can't remember if it's user switchable) so definitely worth checking what yours is giving out. One other thing I noticed is that the spec. sheet says it requires a -18v supply rather than +18v also.

Archived