Advice for a newbie please

flintstone

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I have only just discovered this wonderful useful site. Can anyone advise how I can obtain a spare lighting carriage for a "IANBEAM 800 Model 3142" Redhead. One of the lamp contacts and surrounding holder has perished. I've had a look on the website and understand the main contact is in Italy, so any local advice would indeed be appreciated. Many Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I have only just discovered this wonderful useful site. Can anyone advise how I can obtain a spare lighting carriage for a "IANBEAM 800 Model 3142" Redhead. One of the lamp contacts and surrounding holder has perished. I've had a look on the website and understand the main contact is in Italy, so any local advice would indeed be appreciated. Many Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Try Strand or any Strand lighting dealer

Not so easy as that, I'm afraid. The Ianiro UK website is a good place to start, based in Redditch. Strand used to offer all the Ianiro kit but when the real Strand shut up shop, all the old links vanished. Ianiro UK also distribute Libec tripods, heads and jibs - so are more geared up to TV than theatre.

Redhead (and Blonde) are generic type names nowadays - even the ones marketed by Strand were a few different versions over the years, so when sourcing spares it's very easy to get the wrong parts. The current Ianiros are quite different to the ones I bought from Strand.

If Its just the lamp holder (R7s - Bender & Wirth type 947) that needs replacing, you should be able to get one from various sources (SLX, MGC Lamps, Primarc, WhiteLight, etc). However if you need to replace the carriage, then you would be best contacting Quartzcolor (Mauro Pierluigi [mauro.pierluigi@quartzcolor.eu]) direct as I'm not sure that the Ianiro (formerly Aldo Ianiro) is quite the same design as the Ianebeam which is manufactured by Quartzcolor (formerly Strand Lighting Italia SpA, which was Quartzcolor Ianiro). Just for the record, Mod.3142 is the original redhead designed by Mario DeSisti, now copied by everyone, including the Chinese, of course.

HTH

Richard

Archived