help and advice flying 4 a side Martin W8C

snatch

I wasn't aware that the general flyware allowed 4, I was under the impression it would have to be 2 lots of 2.

I think the OP is after the flyware rather than the boxes, though I could be wrong. It's the same system as a few other boxes of that era used. Flash/flood C4, possibly C7? So finding it shouldn't be too difficult.

I believe 4 wide is possible, but you'll need transformer bars (if I remember the D&B C series flying system) and multiple points? These will be marginally harder to get a hold of than the standard hardware, but I've seen them kicking around before. So it's possible, but . . .

If it were my gig, I would consider 2 over 2. But that's me!

What good is 2 over 2 if you're covering 150degrees and only 25m back? :P

You can technically do as many wide as you need. but not with the dedicated frames which I believe (I'm happy to be corrected) are for 2 or 3 only.

I flew my W8 (2x12 version of the w8c) twice over the period that I owned it, with some other boxes aswell, and did 4 wide per side but had to effectively do it as 2 lots of 2 side by side.

Rob

Archived