Projector Cue

gallente

Projection cues in my experience have always referenced the source for projection rather than just generic av1 go or whatever, Cues normally (in my experience) take the form "vt1 standby / vt 1 go / standby graphic (x) / go graphic (x) / standby vt 2 " etc. This way the vision mixer / vt ops et al get the cues relevant to themselves. Having said that it will all depend on the numbers of sources you have and the number of operators. Last weeks show for example had 7 operators with a total of 15 sources between them. You can see how things can get complex fast if your cues dont address the right people.

I'd always understood it to be Video Tape

According to Acronym Finder

VT does actually stand for Video Tape but I think its used generaly it is used to perfer to project5ion etc. in the theatre although I can recall that once a VT/AV guys asked me to use AV while cuing not VT.

VT Also has loads of other meanings check out This link

Sam

I guess VT cue would be easier in a live situation or one where you had had less rehearsal time, making the cue more obvious that it is a VT and not an image or something,

I would expect VT cue to be something said on larger shows from the AV manager to an assistant or something....

Are we talking Film / Video or slide Projection. If its 16mm or 35 mm Film then it always been called as “Projection†on the jobs that I have been the production Projectionist ( Eveta tour and Dave Clarks Time) . If its video projection its VT go (video Tape). And if its side projectors then AV is used, and if a graphic Q is called ( PowerPoint / Aston etc) the show caller uses Graphic Q! go (the graphic opp will usually take there own Qs from the script) But if you want to call it differently, then that’s fine, make sure the operators knows what terminology you are using. On small conferences where there is no rehearsal time, I always go through the operators on cans and remind them what I will be calling for the different departments.

I have only heard:

VT - video

Projection - film

AV - projection from computers etc.

VT and Projection cues don't tend to be numbered as it is assumed there will be relatively few of them and they should be obvious. AV cues are sometimes numbered but other times they are not.

VT and Projection cues don't tend to be numbered as it is assumed there will be relatively few of them

thats quite amusing. Imagine this ...

an award ceremony for the film tv and print ad industry where everything on screen is either off VT or graphic. There is frequently many more than relatively few so to speak. 40 awards for example could mean 3 or 4 nominee VTs , name graphics and a winner.( All that before we get to sound and LX cues). VT / gfx cues etc are ususally numbered in my experience.

Archived