Small Edge Blenders

stebee

Hi All,

I am looking at using a simple Two Projector edge blended setup for an event in the future.

I have looked at several different systems and am now looking for recommenadtions from people who have used either the Analog Way Di-Ventix dvx8022 or the TVone CC7100/7260 or Similar.

I realise that a capital outlay will be forthcoming, and budget is available, however a projector upgrade will have to be factored in too.

any help?

Ste

If by small you mean physically small- then I think the TV One units are about 1U.....

If however you mean small outlay, then the TV one units are probably the cheapest too. But they seem to have a good feature set. I've not seen them in anger, so couldn't say how they compare to the Barco Screen Pro II that we run.

As Lukemh said why not consider the use of in projector soft edge blending? The Barco CLM R10+ has very easy to use software that means accessing the built in soft edge function is really easy to do. They give a good 10,000 lumens, single chip DLP and 4 lamp system. SXGA+ resolution means that you can get 2700x1050 pixels with a 100 pixel blend. And they have the best build quality with respect to rental and staging use I've seen, as well as being quiet and small in size. RRP £15,225 ex VAT.

I believe other manufacturers offer built in edge blending, but as a additional product (Christie Warp card IIRC) with the additional cost involved.

Watchout is great for running media, but due to the way it works, can add really big delays to live video feeds, so you need to 'watchout' that it's not going to cause issues with lipsync on your shows. (Did you see what I did there...). I've heard of it being used to play widescreen Powerpoints and media files into hardware systems such as Barco Encore.

The Barco Blend Pro II as I believe they're now on is designed to integrate with multiple Screen Pro II's to give the abilities of the Encore system. I see no reason why you couldn't use the BlendPRO with other scalers, but it's designed to work tightly with the SPII's and SPII controller. To set up a 2 screen blend would require 2 x SPII (One for each Screen), 1 x BlendPRO and 1 x Controller. This wouldn't leave much change from £30K, or £40K if you went with the HD/SDI SPII's.

I don't know of any BlendPRO's in the UK. The Barco site lists one with SFL group in Reading, but I'm fairly sure it's on a Permanent Rental with a client, so not available for hire. There are plenty of SPII's however.

Barco Blendpro, that's it...I always remember them as Folsom. I need to remeber who owns who nowdays. Anyway I saw a show with a display computer with 4 graphics cards in it, and a Folsom (there we go again) Blendpro 2. No Screenpro in sight. It would blend 4 inputs horizontally, from what I remember, but that's about it...

Anyway, sometimes you can pick them up cheap and second hand on the net. Check out http://www.bstock.com/

I have got things from here before, and found their service to be rather good. They have a whole stack of Analog Way stuff at the moment.

Watchout is great for running media, but due to the way it works, can add really big delays to live video feeds, so you need to 'watchout' that it's not going to cause issues with lipsync on your shows.

it depends on what feeds you give it and what capture cards you are useing, the best we have got it is by using a SDI cam feed directley in to watchout without a mixer in the way, and use this for closeups/speaking bits.

Archived