green screen!

djtom29

hi all

as above realy

am looking for a cheap way of doing a green screen video!

any ideas? I would need everything from the green/blue screen to lighting kit to camrer.

I only have sony vegas and adobe premiere pro to edit in

also would like to know anywere around wirral/liverpool to hire a video camrer of ok spec on the cheap.

thanks in advance

tom

Being a little obvious.

Wall + Green paint = Green screen

Its what we use in college and works fine, Rosco do sell special blue and green paint, how much I have no idea but most likely stupidly expensive.

If you want something durable, wipeable etc go to a paint suppliers rather than homebase, as well as matt, silk and gloss they do a LOAD of different finishes.

problem is I will be doing it in my school or another place were I cant paint on walls! otherwise I would do that (what wall can I paint on at home hmmm?? ) thanks anyway and will look in to doing that maby in an old class room were I could posibly get away with it if they make enough green screen videos for the media course.

thanks anyway

tom

problem is I will be doing it in my school or another place were I cant paint on walls! otherwise I would do that (what wall can I paint on at home hmmm?? ) thanks anyway and will look in to doing that maby in an old class room were I could posibly get away with it if they make enough green screen videos for the media course.

thanks anyway

tom

In the style of the infamous Gordon Ramsay..

Hard Ware store

few bits of 4 x 2

Sheet of hard board

nails

screws

Flat Created

paint flat

"Green screen wall thats portable... DONE"

Several (many) years ago I managed to successfully key off the side of a mobile classroom. Also used a poster display board thing before too.

Find a camera and experiment - you may already have some suitable surfaces.

A google on ebay will turn you up some kits, green or blue cloth, rails, stands, clamps etc - or you can buy them direct - around £250 for a biggish decent one. If you do have a big plastered wall you can paint, it really helps the lighting - cloth is good if it's taught, and has no creases.

If you have premiere or other proper editing software, then the actual keying process is simple - I assume you have a camera? If you want to hire one there are plenty around, but I assume you mean a professional one - and that is likely to cost more than buying a cheap consumer one from Currys/Dixons.

If you are planning on painting a classroom wall, don't they have a camera yo can use?

the school have a camera but its if they will let me as its not decided if it is going to be an inschool project or not.

I dont know of any "free" software but sony vegas is about £60 for a LEGAL coppy!

other than that I dont know

im thinking of buying my self a (decent) video camera but thats a long way off.

anyway any other help would be greatly aprciated

thanks in advance

tom

For free software to add the Chroma Key effect (to remove the green background), you could try Wax: I do believe its freeware. Here is a good tutorial on how to do it.

Remember that to Chroma Key you need a solid background that isn't the colour of anything you want to keep, so any brightly coloured wall will do (I once found the white worked okay but YMMV).

Archived