Batteries

opman

Tis the time of year to do battery orders post panto [AA's & PP9v] so wondered if anyone knew of any good deals currently from suppliers?

For AA's - Toshiba AA's - they come in boxes of 40, shrink wrapped in pairs, and are slightly cheaper than procell AA's, and just as good.

For PP3's - I don't think you can go past Procell.

As for suppliers, no idea as to UK suppliers, but my tip would be to contact as many other venues in your area and try and go for a really large bulk order. We go through lots of batteries, and get between 15 and 25% off the total price when we order 6 or so boxes (as in cartons filled with boxes)

If you look for special offers, many high street stores are cheaper than trade suppliers.

I have seen 8 packs of energiser AA alkaline cells for £2.99 in Robert Dyas, buy one get one free thus giving 16 cells for £2.99.

Other stores have similar offers including Maplin electronics.

If you look for special offers, many high street stores are cheaper than trade suppliers.

This is beside the point really, as chances are the OP is after ProCell, Which from CPC have a list price of £4.98 for 10 and higher bulk will no doubt get this even lower. Also remembering these are classed as a better battery to those found on the high street.

Those are often found on cpc as a BOGOF offer aswell, making it 20 for £4.98+vat, not that the vat will matter to alot. 25p per cell isn't too bad, though they're far from the only useable battery out there, there is a thread here about 428 pages long about batteries, if someone who isn't just on their way out cares to find it.

This is beside the point really, as chances are the OP is after ProCell. Also remembering these are classed as a better battery to those found on the high street.
I may be wrong/misremembering, but I thought ProCells were just rebadged Duracells, designed to stop people "borrowing" them, and make it obvious when they had done. Although as I say I may be entirely wrong there.

Yes. Looking at the tech data Duracell AA ProCell and Duracell AA 'normal' they are both 2600mAh so effectively the same battery.

Not true. Follow the links to the manufacturer's datasheets and you will see that ProCell products have lower internal resistance and longer service life when compared to Duracell plus products, under equivalent discharge conditions.

David

thought ProCells were just rebadged Duracells, designed to stop people "borrowing" them, and make it obvious when they had done. Although as I say I may be entirely wrong there.

I was also told they were the same thing from the Duracell rep himself when they were first launched.

I have always found just as good battery life from the GP Gold Alkaline batteries as other industrial types such as Varta, Panasonic or ProCell.

In the corporate world, they will do 8 hours in a lav or hh transmitter. (well not the old samson ones from hand held audio, but the only thing that could power those things for 8 hours was a mains transformer!!!)

And as for pricing, if you locate them in the appropriate CPC special offer catalogue you can get them fot as little as £6 for 40

P.

Archived