4 colour flood units

karl

Some time ago during my wanderings around the internet I'm sure that I stumbled over a unit that contained 4 compact floods with dichroic filters similar to the IColor 4 or Showtec Quatro but without the onboard dimmers.

I can't remember where I saw them or what make they were. All my searches turn up are the type with the onboard dimmers or the full sized flood battens. Was I just dreaming or do these actually exist? If they do, please could somebody enlighten me as to the maker or point me towards a supplier.

I have some iColour 4 fixtures which are DMX controlled, they certainly do not have onboard dimmers. they have 4 dichroic filtered 500w lamps and can run stand-alone sound to light using an in-built mic. I got them from CPC, think they were about £109 each.

NJD Quartet, is just a box with four 300watt lamps and R,Y,G,B dichroic filters. Lamps are not linear like R27 but I think they are M38?.

Also I-color now do a four lamp flood which just uses four chanels of DMX, one chanel to dim each lamp, no on-board fancy mixing.

Soundo26.....

How do you suppose the 4 different halogen floods dim to create the different colours without "on-board dimmers"?

The DMX control allows you to vary the level of each different colour to create different colours with these budget colour mixing lights.

Soundo26.....

How do you suppose the 4 different halogen floods dim to create the different colours without "on-board dimmers"?

>SNIP<

They are designed to use four channles of conventional dimming or a four channel controller

Soundo26.....

The DMX control allows you to vary the level of each different colour to create different colours with these budget colour mixing lights.

The fixture either runs as a stand-alone unit or via 4 DMX channels selectable via a dip switch. In DMX mode channel1 is dimmer, channel 2 is colour with the max value being a chase, channels 3 & 4 control the values of the colour combinations and speed for the chases etc. I.e all/r-b, r-y, y-g etc. Yes there is the ability to dim via those controls, it wouldn't be much good without that, If you need simpler than that you'd need coda type lamps.

My fault, I should have said without the DMX control rather than confusing the issue with talk of dimmers.

Thanks Wuddy it was the NJD Quartet, I'm not going mad after all! I remember that I was looking at DMX controlled jobbies at the time and having seen a three colour one (the Spectre) I spotted a 4 colour unit but on discovering it wasn't DMX discounted it. I thought the lamps were linear but obviously I was confusing it with the IColors and Quatros.

Boatman it wasn't those but it could have been given my duff description. I'll look into to those as well now that you've pointed them out.

Thanks everybody for your prompt responses. :angry:

Archived