Gaciators dribbling fluid

paulears

I have a couple of Glaciators and they both dribble fluid when they are moved. It's not just a tiny bit, but something that needs properly wiping up with paper towels every performance. The manual isn't much help and just covers routine cleaning and filter changing - the dribble from the nozzle opening is not covered anywhere. If anyone has had a similar problem with these units, and found a quick fix, please let me know. Other than that, they appear in perfect order.

I have a couple of Glaciators and they both dribble fluid when they are moved. It's not just a tiny bit, but something that needs properly wiping up with paper towels every performance. The manual isn't much help and just covers routine cleaning and filter changing - the dribble from the nozzle opening is not covered anywhere. If anyone has had a similar problem with these units, and found a quick fix, please let me know. Other than that, they appear in perfect order.

Not familiar with the piece of kit, but would suggest that if you are getting dribble from the nozzle then there is something affecting your chilling unit, preventing it from chilling all the fluid -or- you are drawing too much fluid for the chilling unit to handle.

I'd suggest you run a deep clean of the units, ensure you are using the specified fluid, and see if that makes a difference.

It's not something as daftly simple as the drip tray being full....?

:huh:

I have my own problems with a Glaciator at the mo... :(

Can't get the darned thing to run from DMX...

Help is expectd on the morrow, however!

;)

I noticed this on a show recently too. When taking them out of the back of the truck there was a large wet patch on the floor. In situ in the theatre they seemed to be fine. I originally assumed it was just a fluid leakage somehow but as they didnt play up I wasn't overly bothered. However, now I've seen this topic I am.

Archived