Hireing Cheap Lights

Darkness

Hi Guys,

I work in a school in London and its time for the annual sixth form fashion show. There isn't really a budget for it that I know of they want to put some lights around the stage on the floor and use them as up lighters some bars we could fit them to or possibly even clip onto the stage 1 girl did say she had seen before using par 16 lights.

My question is does anyone have any ideas on cheap effects or lights we could possibly get in cheaply, if we could get some 15amp extension leads we have enough frenels to put around the stage. Or does anyone have anything they are willing to lend us or know where to hire something cheaply and fairly locally.

Thanks for any ideas

Kevin

Have a quick search, there are many other threads about the topic of ideas for fashion shows, etc. If you are still stuck after reading through those, get back to us.

its not so much ideas for fashions, just thought id drop that in incase any one had any, more where to get some lights and if anyone was aware of anywhere that maybe done hire cheaper for schools or if anyone had any equipment they might be willing to lend

As with anything else, you're highly unlikely to get the loan of ANY decent equipment from anyone but a colse personal friend. Most of the people on here with available hire stock have a responsibility to pay for the kit they own, AND maintain it, so loaners are simply not viable.

Simple answer - the show MUST have some budgetary ideas - convince the producers that to make the event go better you need x, y and z - and that to GET that you'll need to hire in.

Yep - it's the famous rule of threes. Cheap, Safe, and Quality - you only get to pick two of them (and yes, safe has to be one of them). Sorry - looks like you'll either need to rapidly befriend somebody, or up your budget.

Also Darkness, perhaps if you included in your profile where you are from people can suggest local companies that you can contact regarding this. As it's all well and good suggesting people to talk to, but if they are in Cornwall and you are in the Highlands it isn't very helpful.

Depending on where you are in London, I would heartily recommend 10outof10. They're based in Lower Sydenham and I recently had a fairly substantial (in my school's eyes anyway!) hire which was dealt with by them fantastically and at a good price.

If you have a look here you can see their prices for hire - scroll down to about 2/3 of the way down and you'll find their 'packages' for an all-in setup for just such things as I suspect you're after. If you're interested, contact Sam on 08451235664 or e-mail hire@10outof10.co.uk - can't say a bad word about them really!

Jake

Are you looking for the cheap hire of lights or the hire of cheap lights? :huh:

The two are not the same thing (although a cheap hire will probably result in cheap lights).

Professionals can't afford to give up a days income for a stranger (a bit like asking someone to take a day off work to help you move house! Close friends only!). You might find an amateur interested in taking the job on for the experience but that pretty much implies that they don't know what they are doing! ;)

Minor grammer Edit

Looking for cheap hire of lights really. I know its unlikely but I thought theres no harm in asking.

I forgot about 10outof10, they're prices seem quite reasonable, I'll have to see how much of a budget I can get

Archived