Waterproof Enclosures for Outdoor Use

FaithlessRock

Hi,

I have seen various pieces of equipment in use which protect lighting effects such as moving heads and scanners from the rain when they are rigged outdoors, such as transparent globes. Does anyone know where these are available from as I have Googled them and cannot find anything. Alternatively, does anyone have anhy hints/ideas for protecting equipment from the rain they would like to share?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

If you would like to place an order or receive any further information on the Clear Towair, contact us on 01844 203640, or email sarah @ airstar.co.uk

For information on any of Airstar UK products, please visit: www.airstar.co.uk

From an email Airstar sent me after PLASA show

HSL in blackburn have the ROBE inflatable domes available for hire.

We have used them a number of times and they are far better than the Solid MAC domes although Martin Pro now produce the inflatable kind as well.

Though Martin do not manufacture the inflatable MacDome anymore (the hard shell ones were a pain in the a***) there are many available from most hire companies. The usual suspects can all help you out. Robe also manufacture an overly complicated exterior dome, which, without retro fitting, is only designed to use Robe fixtures in my experience. Again the usual suspects such as the afore mentioned HSL or SLX have these in stock. Both products would serve you well

I've used big tough plastic bags before for protecting speakers.

Assuming you get clear ones (obviously, the ones we used for the speaker stack had a pink tinge) you might be able to use them for lanters. Although you'd need to be careful about heat, many lanters assume they are hung in 'free air' and even ensuring the bag doesn't touch the lantern may be insuficient.

You might also suffer from some beam distortion.

Definately at the "cheap and nasty" end of the solution spectrum.

Hi Mark,

Just to give you an idea on some costs, The designed protection for the Coemar Flex series has a recommended price of £5676.00

Nigel @ Intelligent Coemar :P

Enlightened Lighting (we) have a fair few of the Robe 575 domes.

A word of note is that they need an extra plastic cover if they are to be used upside down. Also, the image projection through the join of the top and the side is not great with respect to image clarity.

andrew

Both have been discontinued by Martin now. Theres a company who are dealing with these products in france I believe. I'm just rapidly trying to remember what they were called.

They are both still current products as far as the martin website is concerned.

I can remember seeing some made by OXO called Condome. Is this the one you were thinkin of ??

Archived