Turbo CAD help

techie18

Hi,

I use Turbo Cad for designing rigs as its free to download and its what we used in college for 2D work.

I have just downloaded a load of LX symbols from Model box after I followed a link from this site.

Does anyone know if its possible to copy the symbols so that I can use them when doing designs by just dragging and dropping selecting them and then dropping in the location I need them.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful I can only open the symbols in Cad

Thanks

James

To add symbols into TurboCad you need to go to the "symbol palette" on the right hand side, click on the top left button (Will show as "symbol Libaries" if you hover over it) and then hit the "New" button, browse to where you want before pressing "Ok". This will then add that particular folder to your list of symbol folders in the drop down at the top of the palette. You should now be able to drag in as many times as you like (till you crash it :rolleyes: ).

Hope that helps.

Jem

To add symbols into TurboCad you need to go to the "symbol palette" on the right hand side, click on the top left button (Will show as "symbol Libaries" if you hover over it) and then hit the "New" button, browse to where you want before pressing "Ok". This will then add that particular folder to your list of symbol folders in the drop down at the top of the palette. You should now be able to drag in as many times as you like (till you crash it :rolleyes: ).

Hope that helps.

Jem

Another thread hijack.

I am creating a floorplan (posted on the "My first TurboCad" thread - palladium.TCW (514 Kb ) ) with about 163 odd Roboscan 518's in four different orientations. Anyway, I have created a block out of my Roboscan library file, and added 2 block attribute tags (although I have decided I will add a third) - anyway, what I want to know, is can I set it so that the block attribute tags don't rotate when I rotate the blocks - I want them to remain in the same position (the base of the scanner), I just want all the text to be in the one orientation.

• 2 weeks later...
you say the program is free but I only see 15 day trials at a quick glance on the site. maybe I'm on the wrong one or havent' found the linky yet. But can anyone send me the linky where it says free download? I'll have another look.

• 1 year later...
what I want to know, is can I set it so that the block attribute tags don't rotate when I rotate the blocks - I want them to remain in the same position (the base of the scanner), I just want all the text to be in the one orientation.

Old thread resurrection alert!! B-)

Mac, did you ever find out the answer to that question? I'd be interested to know as well. After yet another battle with WYG to draw some tour plans, I've finally snapped and decided to go back to using TurboCAD for drawing plans (it'll take far less time to do a manual colour count than it seems to take me to wrestle WYG into submission these days!) - so I'm playing around with my old TCW symbol files and toying with the idea of turning them into blocks. The process seems easy enough, but it would be really useful to be able to get the orientation of the text attributes to remain constant as the block rotates. Frustratingly enough, the 'non-rotating' tick box in the text properties window is greyed out when editing text properties for attribute labels.

Also, on a slightly-related note - has anyone upgraded to v16 yet? Is it worth a few quid to upgrade from v12? Or does it not add anything worth spending money for?!

Archived