stairville hl-x led colour wash lights

thewhirlwind

Hi

I am thinking of buying a couple of these led lights for general colour wash/colour changing mood lighting for a solo singer.There seems to be very little in respect of reviews/opinions on the net that I could find.

Has anybody any experience of these and if so are they worth buying??

Many thanks for any replies

http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_hl_x_h...d_washlight.htm

Hi!

We have a pair of these in the drama department. They are fairly bright, in our setup they are set on a fairly small stage. I'll admit that they are not bright enough to illuminate people properly, however they are rigged very high so depending on where you put them they should be ok for a solo singer. The colours are nice, fairly bright and can create some nice soft wash effects. The white however (r,g +b all on) is horrendous.

Hope this helps!

Sorry should have said I wasn't being lazy but for some reason google wouldn't come up. Silly norton.

A venue I was at had a couple of these, they were bright, but the stage wasn't huge. For colour wash they'd be fine. Althought I can't comment on what they're like over a period of time.

thanks very much for the replies.

I'm very wary of LED's after reading alot of reviews saying they're not very bright and only good for effects etc

but these seem to be just what I need.I presume these are more powerful than most other led pars etc as they have 63 1w leds in them.I've seen some showtec pars that have 18 1w leds in them so presumably the stairville hl-x's would be 3 times as bright?? or are some 1w LED's brighter than others?

thanks again

Archived