Parking a van in the M13 area

lightsource

Hi all, We're doing 6 nights at Jabez Klegg Manchester, (nearear the Oxford Road Church) starting tomorrow, 5th Jan.

We were initially told that we'd be able to park the van at the venue, but this appears not to be the case now. We're also sleeping in the van, so could do with it being as close as possible to the venue.

There are a load of car parks in the area, but I can't tell which ones are private or not.

We have a long wheelbase high roof van, and need somewhere permanent from the 5th of Jan, till the early hours of the 11th.

(We're back there again on the 15th to 21st of Jan)

I'm leaving Durham 9am tomorrow morning, so any help before then would be well appreciated.

Many thanks.

More or less all of the ground car parks around the oxford road corridor are university owned car-parks for staff only. The multi-storey off Booth Street East is public, but I'm not sure how much it costs for a 24 hour stay. Hope that helps. If you can cope with 2 miles from the venue then PM me and I can offer a suggestion.

Hi,

I live in Manchester and LD at the academy over the road so I know the area quite well. Depending on your luck you might be able to park outside the venue. From what I can remember there is one car park down a street or 2 from Jabezz which is public. Its not a NCP so I dont think it'd be massivly expensive. Please be careful though, as the otherside of the academy is where it gets quite rough. Break-ins to vans/cars are quite common so be careful, I have experienced this first hand! Out of interest whats on?

If you need any more help PM me. Also there's a really easy way of getting there, I assume you'rll be coming up the m56, once your heading into Manchester your'll come by a brewery, take a right there. Keep heading through the traffic lights (2 sets maybe) until you hit Oxford road. You can't miss it as there are loads of Curry houses (Curry mile). At that junction go left onto Oxford road. Keep going until the academy is on the left. Then Jabezz is down a street on your right hand side by Kro bar.

Ben

Hi,

I live in Manchester and LD at the academy over the road so I know the area quite well. Depending on your luck you might be able to park outside the venue. From what I can remember there is one car park down a street or 2 from Jabezz which is public. Its not a NCP so I dont think it'd be massivly expensive. Please be careful though, as the otherside of the academy is where it gets quite rough. Break-ins to vans/cars are quite common so be careful, I have experienced this first hand! Out of interest whats on?

Ben

Cheers for that, and the directions too :) It's my first time in Manchester, so looking at it as a bit of an adventure (although a bit if a cold one :P )

The van will be empty, as all the gear is staying in the venue. There'll only be 2 lumps of ice in the back on a night.

So I hope the locals don't try to nick the van with us in the back.

The event is the Manchester leg of a nationwide Battle Of The Bands competition.

Just wondering, will a high roof Merc Sprinter fit into that car park?

Sorry to be a bit late. There's a 24 hour ASDA car park not too far from Jabez/the university, which is probably patrolled - I don't know if they'd let you stay there...? Alternatively (near the brewery in the directions) there's a police station in Greenheys, so you could try parking near there on the road :-)

You might have some luck asking if you could park overnight in the Science Park's car park, too, or perhaps one of the hospital car parks (if any still remain that haven't been built on!). Other than that... I'm not sure what else to suggest really, sorry!

Cheers guys for all the replies.

We managed to park outside the venue, over the weekend, then moved it to a small side street, off Oxford Street, which, suprisingly, has no parking restrictions. (The locals informed us of it's whereabouts).

For future reference, the Aquatic Centre will let you park there, but it's £ 15 per day. (24 hrs)

None of the standard car parks would take a vehicle over 2 metres in height.

Now to go off and do some sightseeing :P

Edit...spelling, the keyboards are naff in these internet cafe's

Archived