Protection Light On Amp Will Not Go

menghini222

Hi Guys

I am panicing I got a gig tomorow and at the moment I have no amp.

I have a C-Audio SR707 and it has been left out in the cold for

atleast 2 days (VERY BAD MOVE) I have now brought it inside to let it warm

up the problem is the protection light is staying on causeing low out put.

Has any body got any Ideas to why this may be and how to help or stop this.

Thanks alot

Menghini222

I have had this problem on my sr606's, its something to do with the soft start getting stuck. The way I get them to work is to plug a mixer into the amp, get a mic and turn up the mic channel all the way, dissconect any speakers from the amp and turn the amp up full. Now shout as loud as you can down the mic and the amp should spring into life. Always works for me!

On alot of these amps (and I'm pretty sure the SR's were one of them)there is a small circuit board attached to the main board which is only secured in place by the wires. (no screws or clips). These break with a bit of a smack, if this has caused a joint to fail, the damp (or maybe its a coincidence) could have finished it off.

I have had a few occasions with C Audio amps where the dust brought in by the cooling fan collects around certain components - which when slightly damp, causes the amp to go into protect mode.

So - lid off and vacuum out the dust, using a dry paint brush to carefully clean around all of the components.

Allow to dry out thoroughly - then try again!

Archived