Exel Training

'Lo

Something I have been meaning to do for some time is get some up to date training on Microsaft Excel spreadsheets. I am aware there are learn at home products available but I would like to do it where I can ask questions relating to things I want to do. Oh and also might as well do it during company time and get paid for it.

So any recomendations? Location around west London one or two day courses will be considered. I want to write templates for pricing and rough stock control.

Thank you very much....

Caveat:

With my limited experience of IT training, many instructors have little knowledge beyond the syllabus of the courses they teach. I attended one course where one of the other candidates was going to be teaching it 3 weeks later and new nothing on the subject at the start of the course. She had only done the pre-requisite the week before.

Oh dear!

If you can find a local college or sixth form school who do the CLAIT qualifications they normally run night classes for adults. I did CLAIT just after I left school at a local college and I learnt so much about excel it was unbelievable... I don't think these courses cost too much, and they normally run for about 8 - 10 weeks at a couple of hours one night each week. They go through spreadsheets, formulas, creating other documents from spreadsheets, how to style etc... they cover a hell of a lot, and at the end... you are then qualified in Excel!

They also run courses in Word, Works, Excel, and other well used software packages

Have a look Here! for more info

Hope this helps,

Steve

Thank you very much for the information so far.

Ideally I would like to take the course over one or two days during my normal working hours 9 - 6. I don't think I could commit myself to evening classes due to late jobs arriving at work.

Shame about the time constraints, as you might find a Local Authority supported course. My LA are running one in the local scout hut type hall, and what's better, as I'm in a "regeneration" post code, I'd only have to pay a fiver rather than £70 or so.

Archived