Bill sykes look, fagin

The Boogie Man

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone would know where I could get a coat and shirt like Bill sykes or fagins in bbc's Oliver twist ( on telly all this week if anyone cares to have a peek).

The stage look of Mr Riff has always been that victorian underworld look.

http://www.mrriff.com/images/im%20middle%20pages/im%20downloads%20page/full/GRABBED%20FRAME%20107.jpg

But I want to get a more authentic look. with the details.

I've tried ebay ( mostly gothic ) and a couple of online shops ,but they were hire shops.

Any ideas?

cheers

baz

w/robe is normally very good at replying to this sort of query, but he is too busy playing his tin whistle at our christmas do tonight. I'll mention it to him....if we're still sober.

(I only came upstairs to make sure the "out of office" was on before I go on hols tomorrow, but find myself checking the blueroom....)

w/robe is normally very good at replying to this sort of query, but he is too busy playing his tin whistle at our Christmas do tonight. I'll mention it to him....if we're still sober.

Andy. What were you doing on TBR when you should have been practicing your ukulele solo!

To answer the question.

Top Hat - www.thecostumestore.co.uk

Shirt - either costume store again or www.vintageshirt.co.uk

Frock coat - either repro. as advised by Paul or 2nd hand clothes shops (not charity shops) if you are in London try Old Hat near Putney Bridge or, if you don't need it desperately keep an eye on ebay.

Archived