Secondhand 430

Bryson

I currently rent (at a bargain price) a Strand 430.

I'm thinking of making an offer to the owner to buy it - so - what would you say a fair price would be? To be honest, I don't even know if they want to sell it...

Strand 430, software v1.6, 100 channels, keyboard, no monitors. Reasonably good nick, no case, owner is an educational establishment who don't seem to ever use it. (It hasn't been back for 18 months.)

Rough price guide?

(PS: If you're reading this Andy...ummm....I'll be in touch soon.)

Strand 430, software v1.6, 100 channels, keyboard, no monitors.  Reasonably good nick, no case, owner is an educational establishment who don't seem to ever use it. (It hasn't been back for 18 months.)

Be careful! If it's still running 1.6 software, you'll have to pay to take to 2.0 and beyond.

Also, older desks have a serious problem running newer software (and I'm not just talking about the 'I' versions). Older 430's with the earlier hardware will have serious problems going past v2.2 - something to do with CS cards and front panel scanning, I think. If you're a touring house this may well be of limited use, as the majority of shows will come in with their shows recorded on newer software and there are lots of backward compatibility issues.

The long and short of it is that an older 430 with early-spec hardware and running s/ware older than 2.0 is a seriously obsolete product, and is not really worth much at all to any serious user.

Archived