par 64 price

MrBoomal

£19.48 each
:P. You have my sympathies.

Best price for lamps (unless you've done enough business with a certain company to get a good discount) is Thomann. They do cheapy cheapy omnilux lamps for around £11 IIRC and then the OSRAM, GE, Phillips Broadway, CP62s at still less than what you paid.

How many lamps do you need? Problem with thomman is unless your a large company placing orders worth thousands of pounds, the price you see on the website is as cheap as they'll go... no bulk buy discount. While if you were to order a high enough amount, I'm sure Paul and others would happily do you a discount which would probably end up being a better price than you'd get if you were to order the same number of lamps from thomann.

HTH,

Tom

Best price for lamps (unless you've done enough business with a certain company to get a good discount) is Thomann.

Make sure that you will be supplied with 240volt versions - despite popular rumour and misunderstanding of the EC standard, British electricity still usually arrives packaged at 240volts.

According to the Thomann catalogue most PAR 64s are spec'ed at 240V but there is an odd one at 230 and the Osram offerings don't specify voltage. However manufacturer's make a range of voltage ratings so I would check with Thomann before ordering as their catalogue entry may simply have been copied from the paperwork from one batch of products.

In general don't order electronically via the internet but always phone and ask for the best discounted price. My local supplier looks expensive on-screen but they always apply their bulk discount price if you are a theatre company (even a village hall company ordering two lamps at a time) and so frequently are my cheapest source.

David

This is very offtopic and been discussed before, but I've been seeing 230v here as standard for many years already. It would be interesting to see a true picture of the existing supplies UK-wide. Maybe a poll in relevant forum?

On topic, always consider false economy. ie. saving 25% but lasting half as long. Unless it is purely a budget consideration of the moment I would think longevity and stay with the main brands.

This is very offtopic and been discussed before, but I've been seeing 230v here as standard for many years already. It would be interesting to see a true picture of the existing supplies UK-wide. Maybe a poll in relevant forum?

That would be interesting. However I'm sure that the majority of areas will turn out to be 240V. Just measured my supply at 245.5V (Residential supply at 7:00pm).

David

That would be interesting. However I'm sure that the majority of areas will turn out to be 240V. Just measured my supply at 245.5V (Residential supply at 7:00pm).

David

Have a permanent supply monitor above my head here - has been creeping up over the last year after a previous downward trend - 252v single phase yesterday & 3 phase regularly hits 434V - interesting but sad to monitor some days when I am bored.

Andi

Archived