chilli Jr

lightingyoung

I went to use this dimmer to day and when I turn it on and set it to run mode it does a chase and flashes through the circuits. I reset the dimmer. I have lost the chase part but now it says there's a DMX signal but its flashing which I thinks means its not the write signal. What can I do or is it a cable issue?

Many Thanks

Sorry if this doesn't explain it very well.

The 'DMX LED' on an Alcora flashes by design. I may be wrong, but I assume that it's the same on the Chilli. Similar to the lights on a network switch/hub. By flashing do you mean flickering, or actual on...off...on... flashing (I couldn't think of a way to put that into words)? Also it'd be helpful if you tell us what the problem is, other than a flashing light. What is it doing (or not doing) to make you think it's not the 'right signal'?

Also you might want to work on your spelling and grammar. I can't speak for other people, but it put me right off your post.

Some basic fault-finding is in order.

1. Unplug the DMX into the dimmer. Any problems now? If yes then the fault is with the dimmer not the DMX. If no...

2. Replug the DMX but bring the control board right next to the dimmer (assuming that's possible) and connect with a new short cable. Is there a problem? If yes then the fault would appear to be with the desk. If no,,,

3. Change the long DMX cable and put the control board back where it started. Is there still a problem? If no then the fault was with the old cable. If yes...

4. Check the terminator (you are using a terminator, aren't you?). Try replacing that. Is there still a problem?Then come back to us and tell us what you've done and what happened! We'll see if we can help further.

I went to use this dimmer to day and when I turn it on and set it to run mode it does a chase and flashes through the circuits. I reset the dimmer. I have lost the chase part but now it says there's a DMX signal but its flashing which I thinks means its not the write signal. What can I do or is it a cable issue?

Many Thanks

Sorry if this doesn't explain it very well.

It's probably best to go to the Zero88 Support web site and download the manual. Then turn to page 12 and see how to reset the dimmer.

Alternatively just follow the instructions below which is an extract of the relevant section:

Resetting the Dimmer

This will reset the dimmer to its factory

configuration and reset all of the dimmer

parameters to their default values. (as shown

below)

Press and Hold the UP and DOWN buttons

together and press the SET UP button for

approximately 1 second (until the MAIN DISPLAY

show ‘rst’).

Edited for SPaG

Archived