Showmaster 24

eddy023

As far as I am aware, the Showmaster 24 has a 3 pin XLR output instead of 5 pin for the DMX output. With this in mind are you sure you are using a 3 pin XLR cable suitable to carry DMX and not just an ordinary 3 pin XLR mic cable? From the problems highlight in your original post, I'd hazard a guess that this is where your fault lies.

In a new desk it is almost certainly a manufacturing fault and probably a dry joint on the faders in question.Take it back to your dealer who will fix/exchange it.No way is it a cable fault.I have sold over 50 of these units with 1 faulty over 2 years so you're a bit unlucky.

Flickering was an issue with a large batch of these units (not just the showtec ones) from one particualr chinese factory. The problems have now been resolved but there could be "older" units still in the system.

We saw dozens with this issue earlier in the year.

Back it ! There is nothing you can do to resolve the problem.

Iain.

Faulty motherboards - didnt get into it in any more detail. I know showtec backed hundreds to china. We had issues with several other brands of the same product. The problem got so bad at one point, we had a pallet of customer returns - just the two sizes of that one console.

Iain

Archived