What length t-bar?

Rocket

Hi All,

Just a quick one - I'm ordering some new t-bars, to take 4 par 64's. I'm just wondering what length you would recommend?

The options seem to 1m, 1.2m or 1.5m. Obviously I want them to be long enough to hold all four lights without them being too close together, but at the same time I don't want huge long t-bars that will be getting in the way unnecassarily!

Cheers

Sam

I would probably go with 1.5 meters myself. Purely because that way if you ever wanted to expand what you could hang, there'd be room. I think it's personal preference. Maybe shoot to your local stockist and try it out? I'm sure they'll be more than happy for you to do that if they're going to make a sale out of it. If it's going on winch up stands, it'd also account for the extra room used there.

I would probably go with 1.5 meters myself. Purely because that way if you ever wanted to expand what you could hang, there'd be room. I think it's personal preference. Maybe shoot to your local stockist and try it out? I'm sure they'll be more than happy for you to do that if they're going to make a sale out of it. If it's going on winch up stands, it'd also account for the extra room used there.

Cheers for the reply. It's a bit tricky as I'm in Derby at Uni and my local shop that I normally buy from is in Bolton. I've been in touch with them but the t-bars they have have a moulded fitting which won't fit on to my power drive stands. I need the bars by wednesday, so I'm having to order them off the internet.

I would go for 1.5m bars if I were you, standard 4-lamp PAR bars are 60" which works out at 1.52m (a 6-lamp bar is 90"). This should give you sufficent space to be able to focus the PARs in different directions, anything less and your going to be limited to them all pointing in roughly the same direction.

Archived