advice please

Ricky

Well at 0208am it's not responding on ebay! So perhaps they pulled it.

Most pyro stuff gets pulled that which doesnt sells at OTT prices.

The link works if you copy it into your browser (alternatively eBay item no 290189080681)

From the logo on the front panel it's evident that the controller was produced by Cosmic Electronics

l62-66 Ongar Rd.,

Brentwood,

Essex

CM15 9AX

From the eBay picture it seems that the manufacturer doesn't properly label the control panel so it looks as though the labels have been added by the user.

The pods are new LeMaitre 1102 units which would cost you just over £90 the pair (inc VAT) from Stage Electrics and ready-made Pyro leads run from £20 to £33 depending on length (5 - 25m) - although the Cosmic kit seems to use bare wire connectors at the controller end.

The device has a key interlock, which is good, but doesn't appear to have circuit test facilities (unless the channel selector switches are illuminated).

Try emailing the manufacturer for specifications.

David

hi there,

now I know nothing about pyro etc, but my first reaction to this unit is that it looks very home made (even the bare wire connectors arent in a straight line) And the Cosmic badge does look as though its been robbed from another unit and stuck on.

Personally I'd be avoiding this one, for 2 reasons.

1. What company would send out a controller Unlabelled never mind one for firing pyrotechnics.

2. With such poor build quality on the exterior such as not even putting connectors in a simple straight line, will the electrics inside be of any better standard?

just my 2p

john

If it was cheap, I'd give it a punt - but at a starting price of £140, it's not good value for money - pod price, plus a handfull of bits. As we've mentioned plenty of times before - controllers are not rocket science, unless they are amazingly complex, and this is a nice simple one. So it has plenty of rough edges, and homebrew labels? Does it work and is it safe?

Paul

Archived