Smoke Directions?

Andy!

Hey, for our last production we had loads of pipes for the set (charlie and the chocolate factory) and I came up for the idea for positioning the smoke tube, into one of the other pipes, BUT then the smoke didn't travel up so...is there a certain machine that would have sent smoke upwards.

I heard that there is a machine that is used for like crack effects? Any good??

Thanks

We did this once, but installed small PC processor fans at regular intervals up the pipe.  Worked quite well.

Or you could use those little holiday type fan things which normally you can hang round your wneck to keep you cool.

They are battery opperated and may be cheaper than using PC fans but they may not work as well. Might be worth just having a little play with different Ideas.

Sam

I've quite happily sent smoke at least 3m through a pipe from a Le Maitre G100 smoke machine. Important points are...

1. Pipe should be plastic so it doesn't cool down the smoke.

2. Pipe should not be put over the outlet nozzle but you should leave a gap of a couple of inches, I have the proper adaptor on my G100 to allow this. If the pipe is too close/directly connected, you build up a back pressure and the machine does not produce as much smoke.

Archived