Micro Torches

Suzette

I got mine in argos for about £15. You look a bit weird standing around shaking a torch up and downbut shkaing it for 3 mins to start off with will give about 5 mins light and then you can just keep shaking it when you are still working. Not a huge amount of time but really handy. I normally keep it on my belt so when I am walking/ climbing ladders etc it gets shaken around a bit!

Oh yeah, it's also waterproof :blink:

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=fire...product&pid=615

They have them here but you can get them a bit cheaper than that.

em

xxx

You look a bit weird standing around shaking a torch up and downbut shkaing it for 3 mins

I'll say... try not to do it when backlit by workers or something similar...

We were talking about these at work the other day, and I wondered how bright they are - can you say how bright they are Em compared to a Single or Double AAA maglite?

Stu

It is a whiter light than a normal maglite but it is more directional, there is less spread on the beam. It means it's really good for pointing at particulars in the rig, but not so good if you're trying to see the whole picture!!! You can get some with more than one LED but not the shakey ones. You could always modify it, I suppose.... but then you would get even less time.

I would imagine it could get a bit annoying if you are constantly working in teh theatre, in the dark and had to shake it every few mins. For me, it's great, I'm hardly ever in the dark so it's there when I am and it means I dont have to think about batteries and taking them out so they don't corrode etc

Hmmm... def looks dodgy for a bloke using one..... ** laughs out loud ** :blink:

em

xxx

these photon lights are good, and are very bright. I have one a blue and have had it for over a year. still on the same batery!

Yep I can agree about the little Photon torches - I've got one on my lanyard and it only set me back 99p. Only prob is they don't latch on.

Doh!

Ta for the information on the shakey torches Em.

Stu

if you're in the market for a mobile too, then might I recommend the nokia 5100 and the other one that came out with led torches in the tops of them - my 5100 also has a Db meter in it that is surprisingly accurate.

the torch latches on and is rechargable[of course]. the light is easily enough to read a script by, but nothing like any use for pointing out a lantern in the rig. for that I'd use a photon lamp.

the battery last's for about a week with a few calls and a lot of script reading.

cheers

andrew

Archived