Amptown Posi Spots

psylocyprine

Only thing I could find is the amptown/controlite website..

Any of the units on this page the one you've got? >> Clicky

Bit of a long shot but its all that comes to mind atm.

Failing that, perhaps try emailing the guys there, if its rather old, they might not have a PDF manual of the units available, in which case, maybe they could post one? Here's their email address: technik@amptown-lichttechnik.de

HTH,

Tom

I bought 4 posi spots but I don't know how to use them, please...help me!!!!!

DMX channel trial and error.

Late 80's filament rattlers using PAR 64s: very fast movements- you need to adjust the rate your desk ramps its changes otherwise €€€.çç in lamps!  

(I suspect that was why a local disco that had them went bankrupt!!)

(to find the) DMX channel (try) trial and error.

(the amptown posi-spots were/are) Late 80's filament rattlers using PAR 64s: (they had) very fast movements- you need to adjust the rate your desk ramps (fades) its changes otherwise (big bucks will be spent) in lamps!

How's that?

yeah thank you...I understand now...but the guy who sold me the posi-spots said me that they are working only with the controller. I have the controller but no way to use them. I tried them with DMX signal, but no way to use them too. In fact it is not possible that they are working in 0-10V, because there is only one connection with XLR-cable. If somebody knows how they can work excepted with DMX, or how to use the controller...please help me...thanks.

Hi,

I have a bunch of Amptown Posi-Spots. The problem with them is that you have to use a dedicated controller to use them, since they don't listen to DMX.

I am trying to figure out how to make them work with DMX, I have heard that it has been done, but I don't know how.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Patrik

Hello,

I've bought 4 Posi-spot from Amptown with the controller... and I don't know how to use them, so I send a mail to Amptown.

I've received the answer from Amptown this morning, they said me that there is no way to use them with dmx512, and that they will send me a manual by post. But they said me that the protocol is 0-10V for the dimmer so I'm sure that we can use it with a demux, and when I will have the specifications I will know if there is a way to control the movement with dmx512 with demux or other solution...I will give you feedback...

Hello,

I've bought 4 Posi-spot from Amptown with the controller... and I don't know how to use them, so I send a mail to Amptown.

I've received the answer from Amptown this morning, they said me that there is no way to use them with dmx512, and that they will send me a manual by post. But they said me that the protocol is 0-10V for the dimmer so I'm sure that we can use it with a demux, and when I will have the specifications I will know if there is a way to control the movement with dmx512 with demux or other solution...I will give you feedback...

Thanks!

I did find a post at the Zero88 forums, where someone said he made his posi spots work with DMX with the help of an D/A converter, so it's not impossible. I have tried contact him so hopefully we will have some answers soon.

Archived