Stage Brace spares and repairs.

Thirdtap

'Lo

I have several broken stage braces at work and wondering if there was any way of repairing them? I am aware that Flints might be able to help but thought I would first ask the Blue Room. The main problem seems to be the horns at the top of the brace breaking. Most of the modern braces seem to have thin metal used for the horns, where as the older units I have conform to the adage 'they don't make 'em like that any more' and are stronger.

So my questions are:

Has anyone come across this problem and if so what did you do?

Can I get decent spares?

Please only post links relating to new parts or companies that can offer repairs.

Many thanks.

Yes I agree working in theatre the only problems were with missing bolts and the braces warping and getting stuck. Now my braces are used on conferences which mean at least two loads / unloads and being thrown around on site. I belive that theatre techs look after equipment much better than conference techs do..

As highly as I rate Flints, the only stage braces I have ever seen break are ones we bought from them. As stated before, the modern ones seem to use much flimsier metal fittings. I'd try and find a friendly neighborhood metal worker to fabricate the parts for you.

Archived