Showtec LED Wash

medina

Hello,

Is anybody using or has used the Showtec LED Wash Ultra Bright RGB? I am particularly interested in its output and spread. If its a bit naff can anybody suggest a alternative with a similar spec that wont break the bank of a cash starved venue?

Thanks.

I think it would be worth having a search here about various cheap LED options, especially the huge LED Par thread. Although this particular unit is probably not covered, you can get a general idea of what they can and cannot do.

I would expect output equivalent to maybe 2-3 Showtec LED Pars. Not hugely bright but depends on application. Saturated colours will work very well but warm colours and white will be problematic giving artifacts/shadows without use of diffusion. Control varies on these type units and may or may not have separate dimmer.

As always you get what you pay for, but I doubt you will find anything much better for the money.

Archived