Strand "Permus" Dimmers

Dan Gruner

Does anybody have a circuit diagram or a link handy for the Strand Permus dimmer racks, namely for the dimming module cards inside, what is the part number for the thyristors on the dimmer cards?

Likewise, I require recommendation for a good source of spare parts!

Many thanks,

Dan

Regarding the circuit diagram for the Permus have a look at the Strand archive, I had a similar problem and manged to get diagrams by posting on their 'message board' however I'm sure most of the posters are also members here as well, I was going to send you the diagrams I had but I've just realised they were for a Perma12, rather than a Permus 12 (the one based on Mini2) The best place for spares is unfortunately other Tempus or Perma racks that have bit the dust, there are still a lot of these racks out there in schools and when the inevitable happens and one of the things catch fire, the school usually throw the rest of the fleet out and replace the lot. 5A Tempus's tend to pop up on Ebay quite often, and the dimmer cards are all the same.

Whie you are there, have a look on the links section of Strand archive, there are quite a few companies selling old stock /original spares.

(Edit: Removed link to Perma12 dimmer drawings)

Hi Dan

How desperate are you?

I might be able to help with spares, If some proposed work go`s ahead in December. I will be replacing my Permus Racks.

I`m aware that the only spares you will find will be second-hand.

Let me know if you want them, so I can make sure they come out in one piece!

I will let you know when I know for certain if the work gets the go ahead!

Dave.

Archived