Short curtains

Johnno

The venue that Johnno works at, is a secondary school. The usual school constraints (such as budget - what budget?) do apply.

Casting my memory back, (I don't want to admit how many years ;) ) I seem to remember that the tab track is fixed on brackets from the proscenium top. I do not remember there being any available adjustment; and although it may be possible to create some, I suspect it would be a major job.

Peter

If the top pf the curtain is out of sight, then a simple solution is not to extend the bottom - drop the top. 300mm cable ties work quite well. I have a set of almost brand new red velour tabs that somebody cut the ties off and had eyelets fitted. I inherited them and they've been hung on cable ties, about every 300mm for a couple of years now - work really well.

Thanks for the replies.

The track ain't broke so I don't want to fix it, although I had considered the possibility.

Peter, we're showing Cinderella at the end of this month. Massive cast. You'll be there of course to see our new borders and legs (if I get my finger out)?

Paul, I'm glad you mentioned cable ties 'cos that's what I was wondering about. Is there a safety angle to using them as a primary means of suspension?

Peter, we're showing Cinderella at the end of this month. Massive cast. You'll be there of course to see our new borders and legs (if I get my finger out)?

Hope so

See you then

Peter

Moderation: Can we do this by pm in the future please - we don't do personal chat in the topics

Paul, I'm glad you mentioned cable ties 'cos that's what I was wondering about. Is there a safety angle to using them as a primary means of suspension?

You'll be amazed about the ratings on your average cable tie!

Most 'proper' cable tie manufacturers (not your Asian $1@100 variety) will actually have test reports on their products, as I found out recently. Most rate at 100kg+.

And using them every 20cm or so, you should be fine! :)

Archived