Sourcing table centres

damian1501

I recently did an event where the lampie use cracking table centres.

The were frosted perspex cylinders, about 150mm high, with colour changing leds inside. On the top was a cut out for a small tea tree candle.

Does anyone know where I can find these in the UK?

Many thanks, Damian.

Recently did a job where they had some some star cloth style table tops, encased in perspex, battery operated and controlled by a radio remote with about 8/9 programs. Is this the kind of thing you're looking for. Will try and find out the name for you if it is.

Hi Dave,

Wasn't what I expected but sounds very interesting.

Any info would be great.

Many thanks, Damian.

Recently did a job where they had some some star cloth style table tops, encased in perspex, battery operated and controlled by a radio remote with about 8/9 programs. Is this the kind of thing you're looking for. Will try and find out the name for you if it is.

Don't suppose you know how long these last for do you - roughly?

Just had a look at the one in my dining room. There's no mention on the box or in the instructions as to how long the candles last. but I've had at least three evening's worth out of mine and it's still going strong; so I would say they're good for 6-8 hours at least.

**edit - I've also seen those Philips LED candles that Ian mentions, and they do look good, although I thought the 'flames' were a bit too artificially flickery myself.

Many thanks for all the information Grahame.

Kind regards, Damian.

Don't suppose you know how long these last for do you - roughly?

Just had a look at the one in my dining room. There's no mention on the box or in the instructions as to how long the candles last. but I've had at least three evening's worth out of mine and it's still going strong; so I would say they're good for 6-8 hours at least.

**edit - I've also seen those Philips LED candles that Ian mentions, and they do look good, although I thought the 'flames' were a bit too artificially flickery myself.

That would be more than likely S+H's starcloth tables. http://www.starcloth.co.uk/starclothtables.html

Effective yes, but consider how you'll get them into your venue as they are rather heavy, and each table requires two batteries (which are roughly the same size as the S+H starcloth control units, but twice as heavy)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived