tally on MX70 & JVC ccu RM-P210

tonymaslen

Hi all some help if possible....

I am trying with limited succes, well none actually, to get the tally light to come on on a set of JCV550 cameras, I have connected the rs232 lead to the MX70 and the bare wire into the CCU but with no success at all.

I have also tried sending a higher voltage with the use of a PP3 battery to check if the tally works, which it does.

Am I in need of an interface box between the MX70 and the CCU?

Where is the power for the tally lights coming from? Most mixer tally outputs I've come across are a closing contact to ground.

[EDIT]

Found the manuals.

The MX70 has open collector tally outputs which will close when tallied. The input to the CCUs look like they need volts to tally the cameras (as you've found) so they are working the wrong way for each other. You're going to need either some relays or transistors in there to make it work.

[EDIT #2]

Looking again at the CCU it implies it will take a closing contact but it doesn't say which way 'up' it needs to be.

[EDIT #2]

Looking again at the CCU it implies it will take a closing contact but it doesn't say which way 'up' it needs to be.

I am not totally sure what you mean by this!

Sorry, I can't decide (because I can't find a manual for the CCU) if it will take a closing contact to ground to make a tally. It implies in the datasheet that it takes either a voltage or a closing contact.

Archived