10,000 Lumen Digital Moving Luminaire

Pete McCrea

Ok, I know non of us can really say anything till we see the unit in action (whenever that'll be), but do they have much of a chance at all when u put the unit up against something like a DL1 or 2?

From reading the press release, it sounds like it does pretty much the same stuff.. I'll be interested to see if the renowned Barco is able to muscle in on the High end/DL1/DL2 dominated scene

I'm sure they wouldn't have just released this product without looking at the market, seeing where it'd fit it & what using their units would bring to the table etc. They'll know about the competition so will be interesting what tricks they have up their sleeve :P!

Just my views..

Tom

Well, having just looked up the DL2's specs, it's lamp is rated at 5500 ANSI lumens. The Barco is 10000. I think High End will have to up their game significantly to compete; the brightness of the DL2 is the major criticism I've heard of it. I imagine the price tag will reflect the higher spec, of course :)

I'm sure one of my past crew rooms actually owns the patent on moving video projectors.The purely theoretical designs included an anto yoke and video projector, or a lcd glass gobo in one of them new fangled vari lights.There was also the kodak carrousel and string but that was thought a bit too silly

Archived