Behringer Shark

misterbassman

we've got a 4 we use as feedback destroyers, they work quite well but are a pain in the a*se to set up.

They can also be used as delays and loads of other stuff. The only way to really work them out is to read the manual (as much as it hurts me to say it).

have fun (but not too much)

I can only echo what Dom said, they are impossible to use if you haven't read the manual (several times). My sound person and I have been doing sound for many years and it still took us a good half-hour to figure out how to drive them.

That said they are very good value for what they do.

The manual is on their website here. It's there somewhere therebecause I've found it before so have a look around (I couldn't find the exact page but I know it's on their site), but from what I remember when I last played with one, if you sit down for half an hour with the manual you can figure it out. I think they're brilliant and cheap but there's some totaly useless stuff on them.

I own two Behringer mixers (MX802A for live sound submixing/recording and a DX500 for my DJ setup) and they're both rock solid. Did a DJ gig as part of a 50th birthday do a friends jazz quartet was booked to do (with the main outs run into his MX1604 mixer) and when his brother spilt a bottle of bubbly all over his mixer, we ended up running the vocal mic through my mixer and the main outs of that into the amp! Consequently when I can afford am sorely tempted to pick up a DX1000 as they have 5 or 6 music channels and 2 mic inputs. OK I don't use them much but as I treat them nicely they work a treat every time, no questions asked :huh:

Dave

Archived