Decking & treads needed

Ynot

Hmmm...

Having just been told that a local hire (for this weekend...) I'd booked for a week's show will now be costing more than TWICE the expected rate I'm now looking for options in the midlands to source the staging I need at the right price. I object intensely to being taken for a ride on pricing, so it looks like I'll not be using this supplier in a hurry again. :(

What I need, therefore, is 4 sections of decking at 2 x 1m wide (Metrodeck, or any other suitable decking to be honest)at approx 1m high making an 8 x 1m runway and treads to suit that height to give a walkway in the middle down onto stage that's at least 2m wide. Get-ons at each end of the runway are optional, (not sure if we have treads suitable in the stores). A curtain valance across the front of the runway would also be nice, but not essential at this stage.

Now - am talking to the usual suspects (Stage LX, Stagepoint etc) and am awaiting feedback, but considering the short timescales now (was hoping to put this small build together this weekend) I'm always open to options. :huh:

Anyone out there in my neck o' the woods got anything to offer?

Cheers guys.

Tony

I've seen Hawthorns used before for staging, sorry don't have a number but they seem to give us what we wanted and as it was school could't be too expensive
Cheers.

Hawthorns are actually one of those in the 'etc' above! :huh:

Thanks for the thought tho.

Depending were you are try Lanceyn (Star tech) who are based in Oxford.
Avoid if possible, myself and others have had various problems with this company. That and their rather high list prices put me off using them when I can get better quality (gear and service) for half the price from my (now) usual supplier.

Tom

I'm slightly late with this one however please don't forget KAVE have a midlands branch
Have to admit, I HAD forgotten, but filed that away now.

Just to confirm I am indeed sorted, thanks to a friendly local BR member.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

ah that's a shame, if I had seen this back then I would have said hello, is it us you are looking for? :D Although possibly something less cheesy :sick: We do staging & rigging, and we are based in Birmingham

1m wide might not be considered wide enough for a catwalk by some - did it work ok?

We use litedeck, so I would've suggested a 4ft walkway, which is 1.2m - 20cm might not seem a lot but it makes a difference, especially when you are walking above ground.

I was looking for something else when I found this thread, and should really sign in as myself and not be using my boss's login, but it happened automatically due to the cookies. mmm cookies....

Jane (not Rick)

ah that's a shame, if I had seen this back then I would have said hello, is it us you are looking for? ;) Although possibly something less cheesy :sick: We do staging & rigging, and we are based in Birmingham
Well, it wasn't but there's always another show... ;)
1m wide might not be considered wide enough for a catwalk by some - did it work ok?

Yep - certainly did. We don't have a very deep stage, so much more than a metre carves a big chunk out of what we do have!

We use litedeck, ....

Jane (not Rick)

So - Jane - PM me with your details and I'll add you to my list of useful local contacts. :P

Always pays to have alternatives....

Archived