Moving mirror UV fixture/moving head

Neil Gavin

Hi there,

I am working on an installation that is based upon the concept of revealing paintings that have been applied using "invisible" UV paint ( Wildfire FX )

What I would love to be able to do is have a UV light source that I could track to reveal only specific areas of a painting at a time.

Is anyone aware of a moving mirror fixture that has a UV lamp/lens - or has anyone ever attempted a conversion ?

Alternatively is there a UV moving head unit available ?

Failing all other options can anyone recommend a standalone DMX/SERIAL controlled yoke ?

Many thanks

Neil

any msr/hmi moving head with a woods glass filter in it would do, the brighter the better.

I confess I didnt think about using a woods glass filter on a standard fixture.

Do these fixtures have any internal UV filters that remove the UV from the light source ? or is the lamp envelope going to stop too much of the UV to make it efficient enough to be of any use ?

Neil

Almost all the Syncrolite range can have the UV option fitted... I have had SX7k's with the UV mod done and 2 units lit an entire arena with enough power to make UV painted balloons 200 ft away glow incredibly bright..

The UV mod replaces the front lens with a UV Lens and depending on the model and output required they can also change the reflector and lamp to a more UV efficient type. You also retain the ability to be able to focus the beam down to the trademark syncro shaft of light..

http://www.syncrolite.com/products.html

Might be overkill for what you want to do as I recall we had to have a safe distance of 30' from unit to the nearest person. But very impressive all the same...

We've just bought a couple of these

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I meant. A single-sided yoke like that would probably be better than a double yoke - easier to find one to fit your lantern if it's an odd size (which I suspect UV cannons might well be).

Archived