DMX - lighting control issues

dwhyte

I have noticed other people having problems with Lightmaxx products purchased from the Musicstore. I have purchased 4 lights - (lightmaxx) and a showtech footswitch that comes recommended as a package. The lights have 3 colours in each unit. The issue is that the footswitch will run preset programmes but the lights do not match the programme function. I can set still scenes that seem to work ok but when I run faster colour changing programmes te lights and the footswitch do not work well together. has anyone had these problems or can anyone suggest a solution. I have messed around with the DIP switches and I think I understand them and have them set correctly. The footswitch is a 4 output DMX control unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Not familair with the Lightmaxx range of products, so just guessing, as it appears to replay scenes but stumbles on chases, do the Lightmaxx units have some sort of macro, built in programs, triggered by setting a DMX address to a certain level that may accidentally get included in a chase. That and ant sound to light function is off and the mic is if neccesary taped off.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived