New T.C. elctronic compressors

brownie

I've been looking out for a reasonable unit to upgrade my compressors with, currently I have 8 channels of behringer units, and was originally looking at DBX stuff (the 122XL stuff) but I came across this, has anyone bought or used these?? are they any good? they look fairly reasonable to me but what does everyone else think?

Ian

Parallelized?? What is wrong with paralleled?

It's the Americanisation (or should I say "Americanization") of English. I recently had a heated online discussion with a Yank who was able to prove to me that, in the USA, your house is "burglarized" rather than "burgled".

Regarding the TC Electronics dynamics processing, I've not used the model you've found but have been generally pretty impressed with most TC gear in the past.

One thing I noticed: the presets both interest me and worry me. They could potentially be useful in a rushed situation, but it worries me that, despite downloading the manual, I couldn't find anywhere a spec for the Threshold, Ratio, etc. etc. on the presets. Maybe there's a separate page somewhere I didn't find, but compression is one of those things where I want to know the numbers and, for once, not just rely on my ears.

Bob

It's the Americanisation (or should I say "Americanization") of English. I recently had a heated online discussion with a Yank who was able to prove to me that, in the USA, your house is "burglarized" rather than "burgled".

Sorry, bit OT, but this has just reminded me of something I came across ages ago. I've stuck it in the Crew Room for relevancy's sake but you may want to take a quick look...

Linky...

Steve

Archived