dynamic Filter Map In CIE Diagram

laulite

I have made a small software to vizualise lighting filters in the CIE diagram. It could be usefull to predict what color you will obtain by mixing several colored light, or to find complementary filters.It can also be usefull to compare filters of different manufacturers. I need some more time to translate the full manual in english, but shure you can make your mind with the quick start.

http://laulite.free.fr/gelmapEng.html

Sorry, didn't mean to start an argument... but a first time poster joining the forum, posting a link to a page where you have to enter an email to get a software download? Anyway after seeing your posts on Controlbooth and the LN it seems a whole lot less odd, and I'll download it later tonight when I get a chance

I do have one (possibly silly) question though... what is a CIE diagram?

Cheers

David

I do have one (possibly silly) question though... what is a CIE diagram?
CIE 1931 is a standard way of defining the colour of an illuminating source, as opposed to the various systems used by printers to define printed colours (eg Pantone).

So the colours on your monitor could be mapped to points on the CIE 1931 diagram, and the colours from your printer could be mapped to the Pantone system.

Mapping from illuminant sources to absorbtive sources is tricky though!

Wikipedia has a reasonably good article - CIE 1931 Colour Space

Archived