dmx controllers

richardc1983

Hi guys

I have geni mojo scan 2 which has 255 DMX channels and im looking to buy a DMX controller to control them.

There are 4 channels pan & tilt and gobo wheel and colour wheel.

WHats confusing me is the controllers I have been looking at all say 192 channels?

I have been looking at my DMX chart for my scanners and if this controller only can provide 192 channels then does that mean that it wont show all the gobos on colours?

Its all really confusing because my scanner says 4 channels then 255 DMX channels??? :o

Skytronic controller specs

If not can you help me find a controller that will, I only have about £140 to spend and one that is relatively easy to use?

Is this the standard value for all scanners?

Does this mean that the controllers I have been looking at can only have a value on each channel between 0 & 192?

The controller can control up to 192 DMX channels and your scanner only needs 4 DMX. Each of those channels can be given a value between 0 and 255, so said controller can be used.

Josh

Thank you josh, I understand now.

Mention numbers and I just get confused!

Now would you recommend pc software or something like the above?

Ive sen this on ebay Ebay link

it comes supplied with software. Obviously advantages of these is that u can see the show without the lights on whereas with a desk you have to do it live.

What would you recommend.

baring in mind budget and all that. I have nothing at present no software or anything.

Now would you recommend pc software or something like the above?

Ive sen this on ebay Ebay link

it comes supplied with software. Obviously advantages of these is that u can see the show without the lights on whereas with a desk you have to do it live.

What would you recommend.

baring in mind budget and all that. I have nothing at present no software or anything.

The Interface Looks intresting, I personaly use the Sweetlight Interface Linky and ithink for what I need it is great but depending on how many lights you have, I can't help you anymore.

Archived