Market Sound effect

soundo26

When do you need it for? I recorded a lot of market sounds for a production of "Oliver" I worked on a few years back but all my disks are, at present, on a container ship bound for Australia. I'd guess I'll have them in my hands within a month, customs willing.

Failing that, I know that http://www.sound-effects-library.com has some decent stuff, albeit that you'd have to pay for, but I notice their site is down right now. Let's hope it's a tech glitch and not the financial problems they were having a while back.

Bob

Thanks so far guys! I would prefer to record it myself, but I'm out in the sticks with no markets close by and I need the eefect for a job on Tuesday.

I have managed to find some effects but they are no exectly what I need, most of those on the web are from every other country except this one, I have bought four which are English but the ones which are general sound more like street ambience and the couple that have vendors shouting have far too much background rumble and the vendors' cries are very distant in the mix which makes it a bit of a proble for overlaying them onto the ambience clips.

I don't mind paying for the clips but they do have to be London markets, in English and with the usual "pound of Bananas" & similar shouts from vendors.

I am surprised that there aren't loads like this around!, anyway, I'm still looking..............

The Sound Effects Library site that I mentioned yesterday seems to be back up and, as I thought, they have lots of this sort of thing.

A search on "market England" came up with lots of effects, but in particular there's almost 3 minutes recorded at London's Berwick St. market which is likely what you want...you can even hear "bananas" being hawked. It'll cost you about £6.60.

Bob

Archived